Who we are ?
We are the Remington Wolcott Community Development Corporation. Our mission is to develop a contemporary thriving economy and community that attracts new residents and development; increases the enrollment of the Tri-County School Corporation, and enhances the region’s quality of life.
We have developed a vision to build our communities, attract new businesses and welcome new residents, develop the natural landscape, and create a vibrant corridor linking the two towns. Join us!
Small Town Oasis Project
Remington/Wolcott residents and leaders have embraced the opportunity to develop a place that is welcoming for future residents and employers. Together, under the direction of The Remington Wolcott Community Development Commission, the towns have laid forward a vision to enhance the quality of life for current residents as well as future residents and business owners, both small and industrial in nature.
Current plans include:
- Revitalizing the downtown areas with improved streets, walkways, lighting and gateway signage and character-building elements
- Developing funding and training opportunities that support small businesses
- Building integrated housing options that complement the existing town structure to better attract a variety of new residents at every life stage
- Establishing more niche retail in the downtown areas, such as a bakery, pharmacy, car wash and ice cream parlor
- Developing a retail corridor along I-65 for franchise retail outlets
- Maintaining conservation areas along the U.S. 24/231 corridor that provide natural walkways and biking trails between the two towns
- Encouraging co-op businesses for current residents, such as a day care and a farmer’s market
- Building recreational and wellness facilities, including a trails network along Carpenters Creek, improved and expanded parks, and a fitness center
- Interspersing public gathering places with neighborhoods
- Developing educations and recreational activities that highlight the natural environment of the area, including the wooded slopes, wetlands and meadowlands surrounding the two towns
- Creating opportunities for youth and seniors that strengthen the personal and civic bonds between residents and between towns
Three Committees you can get involved with:
- Economic Vitality
- Sustainable Quality of Life
- Functional Infrastructure